Tonight I’ll be attending a function hosted by Edelman at their downtown Chicago office. As the invitation says, This is going to be a series of a few fast paced presentations followed by a group discussion on the latest trends in Social Media, focusing on Social Media Strategy. I’ll try to do a post event write up here in the next few days.
- John Peters, VP/GM of Tripology/Rand McNally & Moderator of the Meetup
- David Armano, SVP – Digital, Edelman Chicago
- Abby Ross, VP Marketing – Always Be Social
- Krista Parry, Director of Marketing & Communications – Park City Mountain Resort
If your job touches on social and you don’t know of Dave Armano’s blog then be sure to take a look, but the others on the roster for tonight are less well known to me. Some of the topics they are promising to cover are
- Influencing bloggers to tell your story
- Setting the right goals, resources and budget to get started properly and effectively
- Social Media and ROI
- How to align goals with metrics
And speaking of upcoming engagements, I’ve just accepted an invitation to speak at the Eye for Travel Customer Centric Strategies for Travel conference being held in Atlanta in late January. That one sounds like an interesting event, so take a look at the agenda and see if it is relevant for your job. I’ve come up with a good title for my presentation, so now I’ve just got to make sure the content is as interesting as the title! More on that in a few days.